A Brief History

What is known today as 'The Briar Patch' was originally built in 1958 by Odel Vaughn. It was bought by the Wallace family in 1976 who added the Bar-B-Que pit. Larry and Chris East bought the restaurant in 1978 and continued to serve delicious food and began serving the famous "Hickory Salad." The building burned in 1996, and was finally rebuilt in March of 1998. The Jones Family assumed ownership in April of 1998.


Briar Patch Restaurant